Manage experiential learning in one place: APL nextED’s Site-Based Learning Module
APL nextED’s integrated experiential learning management module streamlines workflows and brings students, supervisors, affiliate organizations and program directors together to collaborate. These features ensure legal, programmatic, and institutional accreditation compliance and documentation to reduce liability exposure and make reporting easy.
As schools respond to greater demand for experiential learning and professional programs, providing a single place to navigate processes like assignments, applications, affiliation agreements, compliance reporting, and program requirements is an important part of ensuring a positive experience for all stakeholders.
PROVIDE A BETTER EXPERIENCE FOR ALL STAKEHOLDERS
Program Directors and Faculty: Program Directors and faculty can easily and efficiently manage and report on all the facets of offering experiential learning courses. APL nextED provides a one-stop-shop for academic and administrative users to view workflow statuses, student and supervisor data, compliance documents, and agreements and contracts.
Supervisors: Site supervisors connect with students in the platform and have access to student and course information. Plus, administrative tasks are managed in automated workflows, giving supervisors more time for students and better experiences for supervisors and students alike.
Students: With APL nextED, students have a single place to provide compliance information, track and report their time and feedback, and participate in automated processes related to their experiential learning.
1. Automate Workflows: Automate student matching experience (selection, assignment/application, compliance, documents), time-tracking and evaluations.
2. Centralize Your Organization Database: Manage affiliate organization relationships, agreements and compliance requirements.
3. Encourage Collaboration and Communication: Manage/collaborate with supervisor (assignment, course information, faculty of record, compliance information/licensure).
4. Improve Assessment & Evaluation: Manage and report on student time-tracking and evaluations.
5. Enhance Engagement: Provide a single place for all stakeholders to collaborate (student, faculty of record, organization contact, supervisor, program director, deans and other admins).
6. Configure Program-Specific Processes: Map workflows to meet program-specific requirements.
7. Integrate Experiential Learning Data with Academic Mission: Site-Based Learning data syncs automatically with the broader Courses and Reporting functionality within APL nextED, connecting experiential learning to the faculty of record and the broader academic goals and objectives of the institution.
Your BIGGEST CHALLENGES SOLVED!
Siloed data inaccessible to those who need it?
House all experiential/clinical activity in APL nextED’s central system and provide views & reports to administrative managers, legal counsel, deans and program directors and faculty of record in the experiential learning course.
Cumbersome process to approve/assign student sites?
Configure program-specific automated workflows to facilitate student applications and assignments.
Incomplete site data?
Collect, view and report on affiliate organization and supervisor/preceptor data and documents. Manage affiliate organization data by individual program to ensure collection of affiliate organization data that meets unique program requirements.
Collection of student and supervisor evaluations time consuming?
Create custom evaluation assessments and set frequency by program. Then manage workflows and status views and report outcomes data by student, organization, course, program, department, college and campus.
Integrate experiential learning data and workflows with your other academic operations.
The integration of the Site-Based Learning module with APL nextED’s Courses and Reporting modules makes accreditation and assessment reporting on experiential learning courses straightforward.
Exclusive Pilot Program
Schedule a demo with a member of our team and ask if you qualify for APL nextED’s exclusive Site-Based Learning Pilot Program!